Orecchiette Salad with Roast Beef
Write a review
- Kosher salt
- 8 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 1 cup bocconcini (small mozzarella balls), halved
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 8 small sweet marinated peppers (such as Peppadew), quartered
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint or basil
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 6 ounces deli-sliced roast beef, cut into strips
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs; drain but don't rinse.
- Meanwhile, combine the bocconcini, artichokes, marinated peppers and mint in a serving bowl. Add the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, and salt and pepper to taste and toss. Add the pasta and toss again.
- Just before serving, stir in the arugula and roast beef. Season the salad with pepper.