OREO Banana Cream Pie
Write a review
- 20 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 ripe, but firm bananas, sliced
- 1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Additional OREO Cookies, for garnish
- COMBINE crushed cookies and butter in bowl. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch pie plate. Refrigerate.
- ADD half-and-half, egg yolks, sugar and cornstarch to 2-qt. saucepan and whisk until the mixture is smooth and cornstarch is dissolved. Place on medium heat and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly; cook until thickened, about 15 min. Once thick, like pudding, remove from heat and stir in vanilla and 2 Tbsp. butter.
- PLACE half of the sliced bananas in the bottom of prepared crust. Top with half of the pudding; repeat layers.
- REFRIGERATE 4 hours or until set. Top with COOL WHIP just before serving. Garnish with OREO Cookies.