Outrageous Strawberry Pie
Write a review
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 box (4-serving size) wild strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup Yoplait® 99% Fat Free creamy strawberry or creamy vanilla yogurt (from 2-lb container)
- 1 1/4 cups Chex® cereal
- 1 1/4 cups small pretzel twists
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping
- 4 medium fresh strawberries, cut in half
- 1In medium bowl, pour boiling water on gelatin; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Stir in yogurt until melted and smooth. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour 30 minutes or until thickened but not set.
- 2Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Place cereal and pretzels in food-storage plastic bag; crush with rolling pin to make 1 1/2 cups. In small bowl, stir crushed cereal mixture and melted butter until well mixed. Press mixture firmly in bottom of ungreased 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake about 10 minutes or until crust is light golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- 3Beat gelatin mixture with electric mixer on high speed 7 to 8 minutes or until doubled in volume. Fold in sliced strawberries; pour over crust. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm.
- 4To serve, cut pie into wedges. Top with whipped topping and strawberry halves. Refrigerate any remaining pie.