Parmesan Spinach Cakes
Write a review
- 12 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese or 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pulse spinach in three batches in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Add ricotta (or cottage cheese), Parmesan, eggs, garlic, salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Coat 8 cups of the muffin pan with cooking spray. Divide the spinach mixture among the 8 cups (they will be very full).
- Bake the spinach cakes until set, about 20 minutes.
- Let stand in the pan for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges with a knife and turn out onto a clean cutting board or large plate.
- Serve warm, sprinkled with more Parmesan, if desired.