Write a review
- 8 ounces dried multigrain spaghetti or spelt spaghetti
- 1 pound Broccolini, chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 12 ounce can evaporated low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding Broccolini and frozen peas for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserving the cooking water; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet cook turkey bacon according to package directions. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate. Cool bacon; break bacon into bite-size pieces.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan melt butter. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and the flour. Slowly whisk in the evaporated milk. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in turkey bacon pieces.
- Place spaghetti-vegetable mixture in a large bowl. Pour sauce and 1/2 cup of the reserved cooking water over top. Toss gently to combine. Thin to desired consistency with more of the reserved cooking water. If desired, top with snipped parsley and additional grated Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.