Pasta E Fagioli
Write a review
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small celery stalk, finely chopped
- 3 (ounces) pancetta, diced
- 3 fresh sage leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cannellini beans
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- In a large pot, heat up the extra-virgin olive oil and saute the garlic, onion, carrot, celery, and pancetta for 5 minutes. Add the fresh sage and rosemary, allowing the olive oil to absorb the flavors of the herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the beans and cook for a few minutes. With the back of a fork, mash up a quarter of the beans and add 1 cup water. Break the uncooked spaghetti into thirds using your hands and add into pot. Stir for about a minute. Add the remaining 3 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil. Cook for about 15 minutes, allowing the water to reduce until it becomes a thick consistency.
- Let rest for 10 minutes off the heat. Add the freshly grated Parmigiano cheese, parsley, and finish with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil. Serve warm.