Pasta e Fagioli
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 can (about 14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 cup short tube-shaped ditalini pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) white kidney beans (cannellini), undrained
- 1 Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook the celery, carrots, onion and garlic until they're tender.
- 2 Stir the broth, Italian seasoning and tomatoes in the skillet. Heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- 3 Add the pasta and beans and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4 Place half of the broth mixture into a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour the puréed mixture into the skillet. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is hot.