Pasta Pizza Pie
Write a review
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (about 3 ounces)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 of a 1-pound package tri-color or plain corkscrew-shaped pasta (rotini) (about 2 1/2 cups), cooked and drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce or Tomato, Basil & Garlic Italian Sauce
- 1 Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-inch pizza pan with the cooking spray.
- 2 Heat the oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until they're tender and the liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- 3 Stir the egg, milk, pasta and 1/2 cup cheese in a medium bowl. Spread the pasta mixture on the pizza pan.
- 4 Bake for 20 minutes. Spread the sauce over the pasta crust. Top with the onion mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 5 Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.