Paula Deen Homemade Kitkat Bars
Write a review
- 75 soda crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Line an ungreased 13"x9" baking pan with 1 layer of crackers; cutting to fit if neccessary; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add cracker crumbs, brown sugar, milk and sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, and pour half of the butter mixture evenly over crackers. Place another layer of crackers evenly over butter mixture; cutting to fit if necessary. Pour remaining butter mixture evenly over crackers. Top evenly with remaining crackers.
- In a small saucepan combine peanut butter, chocolate morsels and butterscotch morsels. Melt over medium low heat, stirring constantly. Spread evenly over top of crackers. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour. Cut into bars and store in refrigerator.