Peach and Plum Skillet Coffee Cake
Write a review
- 1 can Pillsbury® refrigerated orange flavor sweet rolls with icing
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large firm ripe peaches, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 medium firm ripe plum, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup walnuts, pecans or almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Northwest Triple Berry Preserves
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Place oven rack in lower third of oven. Remove rolls and icing from can; set rolls aside. In 10-inch cast iron or ovenproof skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and icing. Heat 1 to 2 minutes or until icing is melted; remove from heat. In skillet, arrange peach slices over butter mixture around outer edge, overlapping slightly. Arrange plum slices in center of skillet, overlapping slightly. Top with nuts.
- Separate dough into 8 rolls. Using sharp knife, cut each roll horizontally into 2 rounds. Place 12 dough rounds over fruit around outer edge of skillet, edges touching. Place remaining dough rounds in center of skillet. Cut remaining 2 tablespoons butter into small pieces and place on dough.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Run knife around edge of skillet to loosen cake. Place heatproof serving plate upside down over skillet; carefully turn plate and skillet over. Remove skillet. In small microwavable bowl, stir preserves and 1 tablespoon water until blended. Microwave on High 30 to 60 seconds or until mixture boils.
- To serve, cut coffee cake into wedges. Drizzle 1 tablespoon preserves mixture over each wedge. Serve warm.