Peanut Butter Christmas Mice Recipe
Write a review
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut halves
- 2 tablespoons green and red M&M's minis
- 4 teaspoons miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Cake decorator holly leaf and berry candies
- 60 to 66 pieces red shoestring licorice (2 inches each)
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. (Dough will be soft). Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Pinch each ball at one end to taper. Insert two peanut halves in center of each ball for ears. Add one M&M mini for nose and two chocolate chips for eyes. Arrange holly and berry candies in front of one ear.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Gently insert one licorice piece into each warm cookie for tail. Remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.