PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL TRUFFLES
Write a review
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 bags chocolate chips, semisweet or milk
- 1. Using an electric mixer, combine peanut butter and butter until creamy and smooth.
- 2. Gradually incorporate powdered sugar until combined.
- 3. Mix in crushed pretzels until the mixture has a dough-like consistency.
- 4. Take a heaping teaspoon of dough and shape it into a ball, then place it on a baking sheet. Repeat for all of the dough. Tip: chill the dough for 10 minutes just to make it easier to roll into balls.
- 5. Refrigerate the balls on the baking pan for at least 30 minutes. This will make them easier to dip into chocolate.
- 6. As the balls are cooling, melt chocolate chips in a microwave for about 1 minute and 30 seconds or until smooth. Be sure to stir the chocolate chips halfway through and watch them carefully the entire time. Chocolate can burn easily in the microwave.
- 7. Use a spoon to dip the balls into the melted chocolate, rolling around to coat it entirely. Place the coated balls back on the baking sheet.
- 8. Freeze or refrigerate truffles until chocolate has hardened, at least 30 minutes. Serve right away or store in the fridge.