Peanut Butter Ripple Brownies
Write a review
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie box
- Chopped peanuts, if desired
- Peanut Butter Frosting
- 2/3 cup Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from 16 oz container)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan. In small bowl, beat sugar, 1/3 cup peanut butter, flour and 1 egg with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes; set aside.
- 2Make brownie batter as directed on box. Spread in pan. Drop peanut butter mixture by tablespoonfuls onto batter. Swirl through batter with knife.
- 3Bake 38 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 4In small bowl, stir all frosting ingredients, using spoon, until smooth and spreadable. Spread frosting over brownies; sprinkle with peanuts. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 5 rows.