Peanut-Topped Brownies with Maple Filling
Write a review
- 1 box (1 lb 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker® Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil, and eggs called for on brownie mix box
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons maple flavor
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening. (For easier cutting, line pan with foil, then grease foil on bottom only of pan.) Make brownies as directed on box. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 2In large bowl, beat all filling ingredients except powdered sugar and peanuts with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until well blended (filling will be thick). Spread filling evenly over brownies. Sprinkle with peanuts.
- 3In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and oil uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until melted. Spread evenly over peanuts. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chocolate is set. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature.