Write a review
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes
- 3/4 stick butter (margarine)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1. HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- 2. BEAT shortening, brown sugar, sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl of electric mixer on medium speed so long as well blended. Beat in egg. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture at low speed just so long as blended. Stir in 1/2 cup crushed candy. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2-inches apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. BAKE 8 to 10 mins or so long as lightly browned. Immediately sprinkle each cookie with about 1/4 teaspoon crushed candy. Cool 2 mins. Remove to rack to cool absolutely.
- 4. To have enough crushed candy for this recipe, use 9 medium candy canes or 36 peppermint hard candies.