Pineapple Banana Pie
Write a review
- Honey Graham Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (20 squares)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (8 oz) crushed pineapple in juice, drained and juice reserved
- 1 package (4-serving size) pineapple-flavored sugar-free gelatin
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 container (8 oz) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 medium banana, thinly sliced
- Fresh mint leaves or toasted coconut, if desired
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix all crust ingredients. Press in bottom and up side of 9-inch glass pie plate. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
- 2Add enough water to reserved pineapple juice to measure 2/3 cup. In small saucepan, heat juice mixture to boiling. In medium bowl, stir gelatin and hot juice mixture about 3 minutes until gelatin is dissolved. Add ice cubes; stir constantly about 3 minutes or until gelatin is thickened. Remove any ice that is not melted.
- 3With wire whisk, stir whipped topping into gelatin mixture; beat until smooth. Fold in pineapple and banana. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or just until mixture mounds when dropped from a spoon.
- 4Spread pineapple-banana mixture in crust. Refrigerate about 2 hours or until firm but no longer than 8 hours. Garnish with mint leaves. Store in refrigerator.