Write a review
- 12 cups cubes (1 inch) soft French bread (about 1 lb)
- 8 eggs
- 1 can (13.66 oz) coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 jar (12 oz) pineapple preserves
- 1 teaspoon rum extract or vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped macadamia nuts (2 oz)
- 1Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread bread cubes evenly in baking dish.
- 2In medium bowl, beat eggs, coconut milk, half-and-half, preserves, rum extract and salt with wire whisk. Pour over bread. Cover; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- 3Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover baking dish; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes. Sprinkle with coconut and nuts. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until set and knife inserted in center comes out clean.