Write a review
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- Pineapple juice, to top
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare 2 muffin tins with cupcake liners; set aside.
- In bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine sour cream and pineapple. Slowly add to creamed mixture, alternating with dry ingredients.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350°F for 24-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Using a toothpick, poke several holes in top of each cupcake, then brush each with pineapple juice. Frost with cream cheese or vanilla icing. Garnish as desired.