Pineapple Icebox Cake
Write a review
- 2 boxes (6-serving size each) vanilla pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
- 5 1/4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cans (20 oz each) sliced pineapple, drained
- 1 box (12 oz) vanilla wafer cookies
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1In 2-quart saucepan, cook pudding mix, milk and pineapple juice as directed on box.
- 2In 9-inch springform pan, place a single layer of cookies. Top with a single layer of pineapple. Pour 2 cups of the cooked pudding on top. Repeat layers, using remaining cookies, pineapple and pudding (you will be short 1 pineapple slice on top; add extra cookies to this spot). Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 3In chilled medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar; beat until incorporated.
- 4To serve, carefully remove side of springform pan. Top cake with whipped cream just before serving.