Pumpkin and Spiced-Cider Pudding Cake
Write a review
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups refrigerated unfiltered fresh-pressed apple cider
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 350°. Stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice and the salt in medium bowl. Stir in pumpkin, oil and milk just until moistened. Spread in ungreased square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches.
- Heat apple cider and butter to boiling in 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, mix brown sugar, cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice in small bowl. Sprinkle over pumpkin batter in baking dish. Pour boiling cider mixture over all.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until top is golden brown and edges are bubbly. Cool 15 minutes. Serve warm.