PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE ROLL
Write a review
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or a mixture of cloves, ginger, and allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease and line a standard 10" x 15" or 9 1/2" x 14" jelly roll pan with parchment paper.
- To make the cake: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until thick, fluffy, and light in color. Beat in the pumpkin.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
- Bake the cake for 14 to 16 minutes, until the top springs back when lightly touched. Remove the cake from the oven, and allow it to cool in the pan for 2 minutes.
- Loosen the edges with a knife or spatula. Lightly spray a second piece of parchment with non-stick vegetable oil spray and invert the cake onto the prepared second piece of parchment.
- Using the two pieces of parchment, roll the cake up from the short end. Allow it to cool completely, wrapped in the parchment.
- To make the filling: Mix the cream cheese and butter until well combined.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- To assemble the cake: Carefully unroll the cake and spread it with the filling.
- Re-roll the filled cake with the filling inside, and place it seam-side down on a serving plate. Trim the ends for a clean appearance.
- If desired, dust with confectioners' sugar right before slicing and serving. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Yield: about 14 servings.