Pumpkin Spice Latte Pancakes for One
Write a review
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- tiny pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp espresso powder
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk powder (see starred explanation, above)
- 1 egg white
- tiny splash pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brewed coffee or decaf, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, cane sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, espresso powder, and buttermilk powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white, vanilla extract, coffee, water, and pumpkin puree.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet just until moistened. Set aside to rest.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- When hot, spoon the batter into the skillet by the 1/4 cupful.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the batter, (about 1-2 minutes), the pancakes are ready to be flipped.
- Flip pancakes and let cook for another minute or so, or until golden brown.