Raspberry French Silk Pie Bars
Write a review
- 1 recipe Chocolate Crumb Crust
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate (3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup chopped bittersweet chocolate (3 ounces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 tablespoons creme de cacao or whipping cream
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves or seedless raspberry jam
- 1 recipe Raspberry Ganache
- Fresh raspberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Press Chocolate Crumb Crust onto the bottom and slightly up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake about 10 minutes or until crust is set. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a heavy medium saucepan combine whipping cream, semisweet chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, sugar, and butter. Cook and stir over low heat about 10 minutes or until chocolates are melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Gradually stir half of the hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Add egg yolk mixture to chocolate mixture in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium-low heat about 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat. (Mixture may appear slightly curdled.) Stir in creme de cacao. Place saucepan in a bowl of ice water. Stir occasionally about 20 minutes or until mixture stiffens and becomes hard to stir. Transfer filling to a medium bowl.
- Spread raspberry preserves over bottom of cooled crust. Beat filling with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Spread filling over preserves. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Spoon Raspberry Ganache over chilled mixture in baking pan, gently spreading into an even layer. Cover and chill for 1 to 2 hours more or until firm. Using the edges of the foil, lift uncut bars out of pan. Cut into bars. If desired, garnish with fresh raspberries.
- From the Test Kitchen
- Place bars in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Raspberry Ganache
- 1 cup chopped semisweet chocolate or chocolate pieces
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- In a large glass measuring cup combine chocolate, whipping cream, and raspberry jam. Microwave on 100 percent power (high) about 1 minute or until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Let stand about 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- Chocolate Crumb Crust
- 2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafers, chocolate graham crackers, or other crisp chocolate cookies (about 38 cookies)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- In a medium bowl combine crushed wafers, flour, and sugar. Add butter; stir until well combined.