Red Bean Burrito with Radish Salad
Write a review
- 1 1/3 cups thinly sliced radishes (about 12)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion (about 4)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, ribs and seeds removed, minced
- 1 teaspoon plus 1 tablepoon Crisco® Pure Olive Oil, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans red kidney beans, drained
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, stirred
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 5 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- COMBINE radishes, green onions, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño and 1 teaspoon olive oil in medium bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- HEAT remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in 3-quart saucepan. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Stir in beans, peanut butter, water, chili powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Cook and stir until heated through. Remove from heat. Mash until slightly chunky.
- PLACE tortillas in a moist paper towel. Microwave on HIGH 10 to 15 seconds. Make burrito by placing 1/3 cup bean mixture onto center of tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup of cheese and 1/3 cup drained radish salad. Fold burrito-style (see below). Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
- To fold a burrito: Place filling onto center of tortilla. Fold one of the long sides over filling. Place your fingers over the filling pushing it against the fold to tighten filling in place. Fold up short ends. Wrap remaining long end over both folds. Turn burrito over, laying seam side down.