Red Pepper-Filled Appetizer Hearts
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups Original Bisquick® Mix
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup garlic-and-herbs spreadable cheese (from 6.5-oz container)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, oregano and water until mixture comes together. On work surface sprinkled with additional Bisquick mix, knead dough 5 times. Roll dough into 13x10-inch rectangle, about1/8 inch thick.
- 2 In small bowl, mix cheese and bell pepper. Spread mixture evenly over dough. Carefully roll long edges of dough to meet in center. Place on cookie sheet lined with cooking parchment paper. Freeze 10 to 15 minutes or until firm.
- 3 Meanwhile, heat oven to 400°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- 4 Transfer dough to cutting board. With sharp knife, cut dough into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on sprayed cookie sheet. Slightly pinch base of heart into point. Brush butter over hearts.
- 5 Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until tops are lightly golden. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
- These heart-shaped appetizers are the perfect starter to a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner.
- Serve these flavorful little biscuits alongside a Greek salad.