Red Velvet Cherry Torte
Write a review
- 1 package Signature Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) Duncan Hines Comstock® Country Cherry
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 1 (8 oz.) container non-dairy frozen whipped topping, thawed
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 9" round cake pans.
- Prepare, bake and cool cake according to package directions.
- Combine cherry pie filling and almond extract in small bowl, stir.
- To assemble, place on cake layer on heat resistant serving plate. Spread with one cup whipped topping, then half of the pie filling mixture. Top with second cake layer. Spread remaining pie filling mixture to within 1½" of cake edge. Decorate cake edge with remaining whipped topping. Garnish with sliced almonds.