Reese's PB Cup Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe with Oreo Cookie Crust
Write a review
- 2 pounds (four - 8 ounce packages) Philly Brand cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup semi sweet gourmet chocolate chips, melted (see above)
- 8 large Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, chopped in good size pieces
- Optional Chocolate Ganache Icing
- How to Make a Reese's PB Cheesecake
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. (This cheesecake needs a lower oven temperature than most cheesecake recipes.)
- Place a pan of hot water in the bottom of the oven and close the door.
- In a mixing bowl on medium speed, beat cream cheese until smooth ~ about 2-3 minutes. Scrape down sides half way through. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat again, scraping a few times. The mixture should be smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time beating after each addition until creamy. Add vanilla and blend. With the mixer on low, add melted chocolate in a steady stream and beat only enough so there are no lumps and the filling is nice and fluffy. Scrape as needed.
- Gently fold in all but 1/2 cup of chopped peanut butter cups.
- Pour batter into prepared pan on top of the Oreo cookie crust. Sprinkle the remaining peanut butter cups over the top of the cheesecake, and bake at 300 degrees for 60-70 minutes. The center of the cheesecake will still be a little wiggly when it comes out of the oven. The cheesecake will set up as it cools and chills. Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing the sides of the pan