Rice and Bean Frittata
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced zucchini and/or yellow summer squash (1 medium)*
- 1 8.8 ounce pouch cooked long grain and wild rice
- 1 15 ounce can red, navy, or garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded colby and Monterey Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, or Swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- Cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini to skillet; cook and stir just until crisp-tender.
- Microwave rice according to package directions. Add rice and beans to squash in skillet; gently stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour egg mixture over rice mixture in skillet. Cook over medium heat. As mixture sets, run a spatula around the edges of the skillet, lifting egg mixture so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and lifting edges just until egg mixture is set. Sprinkle with cheese. If desired, top with cherry tomatoes and parsley.