RITZ Southern Fried Chicken
Write a review
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (2-1/2 lb.), cut up
- 25 RITZ Crackers, finely crushed (about 1 cup)
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 cups oil
- POUR buttermilk over chicken in shallow dish; cover and refrigerate 1 hour to marinate. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- ADD chicken to combined cracker crumbs, flour and red pepper in shallow dish, turning to evenly coat all sides.
- HEAT oil in large saucepan to 350°F. Add half the chicken; cook 15 min. or until chicken is done (165°F). Remove from oil; drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken.