Roadside Diner Cheeseburger Quiche Recipe
Write a review
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3/4 pound ground turkey or beef
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Optional garnishes: mayonnaise, additional pickle relish, crumbled cooked bacon, and chopped onion and tomato
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate; flute edges and set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, onion, relish and bacon. Transfer to prepared pastry.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, mustard, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with optional ingredients if desired. Yield: 8 servings.