Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Almonds and Pecorino Recipe
Write a review
- 1/2 cup whole almonds
- 1 1/2 pounds medium Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved through the stem
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Ginepro or unaged Manchego cheese, broken into jagged 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1 medium lemon)
- Heat the oven to 500°F and arrange a rack in the middle. While the oven is heating, place the almonds on a baking sheet and toast until fragrant, about 4 to 6 minutes. Coarsely chop and set them aside (reserve the baking sheet).
- Place the Brussels sprouts and oil in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper, and toss to evenly coat. Arrange the Brussels sprouts cut-side down in a single layer on the reserved baking sheet (reserve the bowl). Roast, stirring about halfway through the cooking time, until browned and just tender, about 20 to 25 minutes total. (If your Brussels sprouts are small, check them after 10 minutes and adjust the cooking time as necessary.)
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts to the reserved bowl and set them aside to cool for 5 minutes. Add the toasted almonds, cheese, and lemon juice and toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.