Rolled Italian Meat Loaf
Write a review
- 1 1/4 lb extra-lean (at least 90%) ground beef
- 3/4 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 egg
- 1 can (8 oz) pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup Progresso® Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded 6 cheese Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, mix ground beef, sausage, egg, 1/2 cup of the pizza sauce, the bread crumbs and pepper.
- 2On foil, pat mixture to12x8-inch rectangle. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; gently press into meat. Top with spinach. Starting at short end, roll up tightly, using foil to start roll and tucking in spinach leaves; seal ends. Place seam side down in ungreased 12x8-inch (2 quart) glass baking dish.
- 3Bake 1 hour. Spread remaining pizza sauce over top. Bake 15 minutes longer or until thermometer inserted in meat loaf reads 160°F. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.