Root Beer Float Brownies
Write a review
- 1 1/3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened Dutch processed baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon root beer extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons root beer
- 1Heat oven to 325°F. Spray 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- 2In medium bowl, mix flour, sugar, 1/2 cup of the cocoa and the salt; set aside.
- 3In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter and chocolate chips uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in flour mixture, eggs and root beer extract. Pour batter into pan.
- 4Bake 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- 5In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and the root beer with whisk until smooth. Pour glaze over brownies. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.