Root Beer Float Cupcakes
Write a review
- Root Beer Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon root beer concentrate
- 1/2 cup root beer
- Root Beer Whipped Cream Icing
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon root beer concentrate
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, cream together butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg, vegetable oil and root beer concentrate, mixing until combined. Then mix in flour mixture, alternating with root beer, mixing until smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared tin, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, combine the heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. Using whisk attachment, mix on high for 1-2 minutes, or until soft peaks have formed.
- Add vanilla extract and root beer concentrate and beat for about a minute longer, or until stiff peaks have formed.
- Transfer whipped cream to a piping bag and pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Serve immediately.