Root Beer Slow-Cooker Chicken
Write a review
- 2 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1 cup root beer
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper, and place inside slow cooker. Pour in barbecue sauce and root beer; spread around. Cover and cook on High heat setting 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker, and use two forks to shred. Place chicken back in slow cooker on Warm heat setting; simmer 30 minutes. Serve on burger buns, as desired.