Skillet Cheesy Chicken & Rice
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- 2 Stir the soup, water, onion powder, black pepper and rice in the skillet and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through the cooking time.
- 3 Stir in the vegetables. Return the chicken to the skillet. Sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the rice is tender.