Slow-Cooker Apple Cider Sparklers
Write a review
- 1 quart (4 cups) apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inch)
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 piece (1 inch) gingerroot, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Grated peel of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeded
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 bottle (750 ml) sparkling white wine or champagne
- Orange, lemon and apple slices, if desired
- 1 Pour cider into 3-quart slow cooker. Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, gingerroot, nutmeg, lemon peel, lemon juice, orange peel, orange juice, vanilla bean and brown sugar; mix well.
- 2 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 hours.
- 3 Remove cinnamon sticks, cloves, gingerroot and vanilla bean before serving. Keep cider warm in slow cooker, or transfer to heatproof pitcher if serving immediately.
- 4 Ladle or pour cider into mugs, filling halfway; fill rest of mug with wine. Garnish with orange, lemon and apple slices.