Slow-Cooker Barbecued Beans
Write a review
- 1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mild-flavor (light) molasses
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cans (15.5 oz each) great northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 cans (15 oz each) black beans, drained, 1/2 cup liquid reserved
- 1 In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp and onions are tender; drain.
- 2 In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix bacon, onion and remaining ingredients, including reserved liquid. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours.