Slow-Cooker Pulled Jerk Pork Sandwiches
Write a review
- 1 boneless pork shoulder (2 1/2 lb)
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning (dry)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup cola
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 8 sandwich buns or flour tortillas (8 to 10 inch)
- 1 Spray 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Remove fat from pork. Rub jerk seasoning over pork; sprinkle with thyme. Place pork in slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion. Pour cola over pork.
- 2 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- 3 Remove pork from slow cooker; reserve 1/2 cup juices. Use 2 forks to pull pork into shreds. Place pork in slow cooker. Stir in barbecue sauce and reserved juices. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 30 to 45 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Spoon filling onto buns.
- Fresh fruits, like sliced mango and pineapple, partner nicely with these sandwiches.
- Use 2 forks to pull pork into shreds.