Slow-Cooker Salsa Chili
Write a review
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- Shredded Cheddar cheese, if desired
- Sliced green onions, if desired
- 1In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- 2In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef mixture and remaining ingredients except beans.
- 3Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
- 4Stir in beans. Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 5 minutes longer or until beans are hot. Top with cheese and onions.