Slow-Cooker Southwestern Chicken Chili
Write a review
- 1 cup chopped onions (2 medium)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 jar (16 oz) medium picante sauce
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) pinto beans, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Sliced green onion, if desired
- 1In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix onions, bell pepper and garlic.
- 2In large bowl, mix cornmeal, chili powder, oregano, cumin and salt. Add chicken; toss to coat. Add chicken and any remaining seasoning mixture to vegetables in slow cooker. Gently stir in picante sauce, beans and tomatoes.
- 3Cover; cook on Low setting 6 to 8 hours. Sprinkle with green onion.