Slow-Cooker Teriyaki Beef and Vegetables
Write a review
- 1 1/2 lb beef round steak, trimmed of fat, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 bag (1 lb) frozen broccoli, carrots & cauliflower, thawed*
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular long-grain white rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, mix steak and 1 tablespoon of the cornstarch until evenly coated. Gently stir in soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. Top with water chestnuts.
- 2 Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 6 hours.
- 3 About 30 minutes before serving, in small bowl, blend 1/4 cup water and remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch until smooth. Stir into beef mixture. Stir in thawed vegetables.
- 4 Increase heat setting to High; cover and cook 25 to 30 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook rice in 3 cups water as directed on package. Serve beef mixture over rice.