S'mores Pudding Pie
Write a review
GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (about 10 crackers)
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 large marshmallows, halved on the diagonal
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Break up the graham crackers by hand and add to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process the crackers until ground. Add the butter and sugar and pulse until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Transfer the graham crackers to a 9-inch pie plate and, using your hands, press to form a crust. You just want the crust to be of even thickness around the pie plate. Bake until crisp and the crust begins to brown, about 15 minutes. Cool completely before filling.
- For the pudding: Add the milk, cream and sugar to a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan and whisk in the cornstarch, followed by the cocoa powder and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, whisking until the pudding thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the bittersweet chocolate and vanilla.
- Pour into the cooled pie shell and chill, covering pudding surface with plastic wrap or wax paper to prevent a skin from forming. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the pudding to set.
- Just before serving, preheat your broiler. Top the pudding pie with the large marshmallows, covering the entire pie surface. Transfer the pie to a baking sheet. Broil the marshmallows 4 inches under the broiler until the tops are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Keep a close eye on this, it goes fast! Alternatively, use a kitchen torch to brown the marshmallow topping. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Note: You can always buy a pre-made graham cracker crust at your grocery store.