Write a review
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 3-1/2 cups flaked coconut, divided
- 32 to 35 large marshmallows
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the butter, milk, cocoa and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in cracker crumbs and 1-1/2 cups coconut. Let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Using moistened hands, wrap about 1 tablespoon of mixture around each marshmallow (dip hands in water often to prevent sticking). Roll in remaining coconut; place on prepared baking sheet. Cover and freeze until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: about 3 dozen.