Soda Fountain Ice Cream Pie
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups crushed rolled sugar ice cream cones (one 5-ounce package or 12 cones)
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/3 cup malted milk powder
- 1 1/2 cups hot fudge ice cream topping
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Whole strawberries (optional)
- In a small bowl combine crushed cones, margarine or butter, and sugar. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan or into a 10-inch pie plate; set aside.
- Place 3 cups of the strawberries in a blender container. Cover; blend until smooth (should have 1-1/2 cups puree). Chop remaining 1/2 cup strawberries; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together strawberry puree, ice cream, chopped strawberries, and malted milk powder. Pour into prepared crust. Cover; freeze 8 hours or until firm. Spread fudge topping over pie; freeze at least 2 hours more.
- To serve, let pie stand at room temperature 30 minutes before cutting into wedges. If desired, top each serving with whipped cream, sliced almonds, and additional whole strawberries. Makes 10 servings.