Southwest Sloppy Joe Pizza
Write a review
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 pound lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup diced jalapeño chiles*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Concord Grape Jelly
- 2 cups shredded mild Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Spray large cookie sheet with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet; press dough into 15x10-inch rectangle. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, onion and chiles over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain well.
- Stir mustard, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salsa and jelly into beef mixture. Cook over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
- Spread beef mixture over partially baked crust. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 8 to 16 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- *If desired, remove ribs and seeds from chiles before dicing, for less heat.