Southwestern Cornbread Stuffing
Write a review
- 2 Tbsps. butter
- 2 cups diced onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (14.5oz.) College Inn® Fat Free & Lower Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 can (15.25oz.) Del Monte® Southwest Seasoned Corn with Poblano & Red Bell Peppers, not drained
- 1 can (4oz.) diced green chilies, not drained
- 3 Tbsps. chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ tsps. dried sage [or poultry seasoning]
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- 6 cups dry cornbread stuffing crumbs
- ½ cup chopped pecan pieces, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook onion and celery 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in chicken broth, corn, chilies, parsley, sage, oregano and cayenne; mix well. Add cornbread crumbs and nuts; toss to moisten evenly.
- Spoon into a 3-qt. baking dish; cover and bake 30 minutes or until heated through.