Spanish Bean and Pork Stew
Write a review
- 9 oz (250 g) chorizo or andouille
- 9 oz (250 g) morcilla (Spanish blood sausage) or garlic sausage
- 9 oz (250 g) slab bacon or pancetta, rind removed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup hearty red wine
- two 15 oz (420 g) cans white kidney (cannellini) beans, drained and rinsed
- pinch of saffron threads
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Cut the sausages and bacon into 2in (5cm) chunks. Heat the oil in a large casserole over medium-low heat. Add the sausages and bacon, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 3 minutes. Increase the heat and pour in the wine. Boil about 2 minutes, until reduced by half.
- 2. Stir in the beans, saffron, and bay leaf, then enough chicken stock to barely cover. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve hot.