Sparkling Golden Sangria
Write a review
- 3 cups white grape juice, chilled
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1/4 cup superfine or granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 medium nectarine, pitted and chopped
- 1 navel orange, quartered and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen sweet cherries, pitted and halved, or canned mandarin orange sections, drained
- 3/4 cup fresh golden or red raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 750 milliliter bottle sparkling white wine, chilled
- In a large pitcher or glass jar combine grape juice, orange liqueur, sugar, and honey, stirring until sugar and honey dissolve. Stir in nectarine, orange, cherries, raspberries, basil, and mint. Chill mixture for 1 hour or up to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving, add sparkling wine to fruit mixture. Serve in glasses over ice.