Sparkling Hershey Kiss Cocoa Cookies
Write a review
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 1/2 orange
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Decorator Sugar, for rolling
- 24 Hershey’s Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or SilPat. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and orange zest, using your fingers to mix well, making sugar a uniform color and scented.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter with sugar and orange juice until fluffy and well combined. Add egg and then vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, flour, baking soda and salt. Add cocoa mixture all at once to creamed butter and sugar. Mix until just combined.
- Roll balls of dough, roughly 1 inch in diameter. Dough is quite firm and easily rolled. Roll dough balls in decorator sugar. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press a Kiss into center of each cookie. Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes; remove to cooling rack. Repeat with remaining dough.